Whether you’re a bikini girl or one-piece wonder, check out these top trends for summer swimwear.
- Think citrus This summer is all about zesty orange shades. If you can’t face full-on zing, opt for softer tangerine or peach. Hate orange? Turquoise is your next go-to colour.
- Less is more Cut-outs and slashes – from missing sides, slashed tops and deep Vs – are everywhere. Alternatively go for bondage-style multi-straps, snaking in a criss-cross across your body.
- Big pants Vintage style is right on trend and high-waisted bikini bottoms de rigueur.
- Sport sporty Emphasise your fitness credentials with a sleek athletic look.
- Deep dive Plunging necklines feature heavily on one-pieces, often with lace-up detailing at the front. Lace-up sides are popular too.
- Flower power If florals are your thing, look out for some delicious darker colour mixes out there this season.
- Swish factor Shimmer and shake with fringes and ruffles, either on your cossie or your cover-up. They’ll make you feel flirty and feminine.
- Stripes This perennial favourite never really goes away, and this year you can pick from high-contrast black and navy or subtle white and tan.
- One-piece wows Yep, they’re swimsuits, and in a single colour too, but not as you know them. This summer, the shape’s the story with interesting necklines, ultra-high legs and cut-away tums.
- Surprise style For a totally different vibe, consider long-sleeved swimwear – a trend several fashion houses are following. Or be even more dramatic in ultra-thin leather. Mix it with mesh or other fabrics to get heads turning!
Info from: www.theukfashionspot.co.uk